When you stay at the Flaming Gorge Resort, your possibilities are endless for Summer Activities. While here at the resort, try your hand at a game of horseshoes or volley ball which are both located below our suites.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE OUR CAR SHOW WILL BE SATURDAY, JULY 3rd, 2021
New Flier Coming Soon!
Enjoy beautiful cars, great food, music and fun activites for all the kids. You don't want to miss it!
Flaming Gorge Reservoir is a hot spot for summer fishing but realistically is an amazing fishery year-round. Green River guided fishing trips are available so you can fish with a guide familiar to the area. If you would like, take the day to try your skills at fly fishing! Green River is perfect for fishermen amateurs and professionals alike. There are also many different small lakes and streams that surround this beautiful Flaming Gorge Recreational Area.
Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area is a popular water sports area. Come and enjoy slicing through glassy water on your skis, wakeboard, or water tube through the magnificent cliffs of Flaming Gorge. The water temperature is nice and cool, making the reservoir a great place to cool off during the summer.
Another great way to experience the beautiful Flaming Gorge is by taking a nice canoe or kayak trip, or go scuba diving. If you want to paddle between narrow 1000-foot deep canyons or wide-open areas with beautiful scenery, then this is the place for you. We rent one or two person kayaks and paddleboards that make floating on the Flaming Gorge Reservoir or down the Green River exciting!
There are many hiking and biking trails that are right around Flaming Gorge Resort. Including the Bear Creek Trail that starts right from Flaming Gorge Resort and goes about two (2) miles to a magnificient overlook of Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
Click through the links below for more detailed information on hiking around Flaming Gorge Resort:
- Bear Canyon Bootleg Trail - (starts at Resort)
- Swett Ranch Trail - (two (2) miles south of Resort)
- Little Hole National Scenic Trail - (four (4) miles north of Resort - Hiking Trail)
- Red Canyon Rim Trail - (seven (7) miles from Resort)
- Dowd Mountain Trail - (16 miles from Resort)
- Elk Park Trail -(16 miles from Resort)
- Bassett Springs Loop Trail - (About 18 miles from Resort)
- Browns Park Trail - (35 miles from Resort)
- TeePee Lakes Trail - (About 50 miles from Resort - Hiking Trail)
- Tamarack Lake Trail - (About 50 miles from Resort - Hiking Trail)
Red Canyon Stables is located just 5 miles from the Flaming Gorge Resort and offers horseback rides through the surrounding National Forest. Red Canyon horseback riding is a great way to get out and experience the beauty of the area as well as seeing some of the local wildlife.
For more information call 435-889-3759
Dinaland Golf Course
(approx. 45 miles south of Flaming Gorge Resort)
For more information call (435) 781-1428 or visit Uintahrecreation.org
Roosevelt City Golf Course
(approx. 70 miles south of Flaming Gorge Resort)
For more information call (435) 722-9644 or visit Rooseveltcity.com
White Mountain Golf Course
(approx. 80 miles north of Flaming Gorge Resort)
For more information call (307) 352-1415 or visit publicgolfcourse.net
Come and take a nice relaxing drive through Flaming Gorge. Travel along the scenic byway or visit one of the many popular sites near Flaming Gorge Resort. Below is a list of just a few of the amazing sites to see and drives to take when you come stay with us at Flaming Gorge Resort!
- Flaming Gorge Dam Visitors Center
- Flaming Gorge Byway
- Flaming Gorge - Uintas National Scenic Byway
- Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum
- Ute Mountain Fire Lookout
- Red Canyon Overlook & Visitor Center
- Sheep Creek Look Backway
- Browns Park Scenic Backway
- Spirit Lake Scenic Backway
- John Jarvie Ranch Historic Site
- Pilot Butte Wild Horse Scenic Tour